We have been active in the industrial and logistics sector for over 30 years. We are industry leaders in design and delivery across the spectrum from single units to large multi-modal developments.
Our ‘Warehouses of the Future’ research programme has pioneered research and development in the design of sustainable logistics warehouse solutions. Our key achievements include:
- 2000 World’s first BREEAM Excellent low-energy supermarket shortlisted for The Stirling Prize
- 2005 Industrial Research and Development Architect of the Year
- 2009 World’s First BREEAM Outstanding logistics building at design stage
- 2018 Winner Property Week Shed of the Future competition
- 2019 World’s First WELL Building Standard industrial pilot
- 2019 Winner Savills/Property Week Last Mile Delivery concept competition
- 2020 UK’s first three-storey logistics facility
- 2021 A logistics building becomes world’s first building verified as Net Zero Carbon for Construction
- 2012 Planet Mark Award for Supply Chain Engagement
- 2021 SHD Logistics Awards finalists in environment, innovation and wellbeing initiative categories
In response to the new challenges facing retail, residential & logistics we have analysed different Strategic Industrial Land (SIL) types from multiple points of view, to gauge the practical, contextual and commercial potential for new multi-use combinations.
As a result of this research we are now delivering new templates for industrial intensification that combine logistics solutions with new uses and co-locations such as residential units, retail and recreational and cultural and social spaces.
Our current pure logistics work includes delivering projects where space is increased by layering multi-level warehouses above and below ground, and refurbishing old industrial heritage buildings to bring them back to life for modern day logistics and industrial use.
We are also exploring new approaches to logistics consolidation from national and regional to last-mile city centre.